Designing a fulfilling career can feel like a series of monumental decisions. At the same time, it can also feel like guesswork.
While the following may seem like pretty straightforward questions, the truth is that most people have a hard time answering:
- “Who am I (in terms of my interests and innate personality)?”
- “Why is work important to me? What motivates me?”
- “What do I most enjoy doing?”
- “What am I good at? What are my blindspots?”
- “Where and how do I most enjoy working?”
Greater self-understanding results in better decisions and more effective implementation of those decisions. That is why we complement our coaching services with select highly reliable, scientifically grounded instruments including Meyers-Briggs® Type Indicator (MBTI), Strong Interest Inventory® (known as “the Strong”) and The Clifton StrengthsFinder®2.0. For those interested in a business-related career, CareerLeader® is an excellent tool. We also offer the Work Life Indicator™ for those who are looking for better ways to manage the intersection of work and life priorities.
These tools provide our clients with:
- Opportunities to assess personality style, interests and strengths.
- Detailed and personalized reports that offer concrete insights and next action steps.
- Coupled with coaching, greater understanding of current or persistent challenges, and new strategies and solutions that work for them.
- Affirmation and confirmation of what they already knew or suspected about themselves.
Assessment instruments are used both individually and in organizational settings. Both MBTI and the Strong are B-level psychological assessments that can only be offered and interpreted by certified professionals.
Please contact us to learn more about how you, and your organization, can benefit from our assessment services.
Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI):
Understanding your underlying innate personality has important implications for success in work and life. The Myers-Briggs® (MBTI®) assessment is a powerfully versatile solution that has helped millions of people around the world better understand themselves and how they interact with others, thereby improving their effectiveness in their careers and personal lives.
Strong Interest Inventory®
The Strong generates an in-depth assessment of your interests in a broad range of occupations, work, and leisure activities. This highly personalized report paints a clear picture of how your specific interests and preferences link to various jobs, work settings, and career fields.
The Strong is a valuable tool in helping you identify your interests, enabling you to:
- Achieve satisfaction in your work
- Identify career options consistent with your interests
- Understand aspects of your personality most closely associated with your interests
- Learn about your preferences for leadership, risk taking and teamwork
- Use interests to shape your career direction, and decide on a focus for your future
- Direct your own career exploration at various stages in your life.
The Strong assessment is ideal for individuals:
- Considering a career transition,
- Seeking more satisfying work within an organization,
- Looking to re-enter the workforce and match current interests to career development
Companies of all sizes also use the Strong to gauge their employees’ interests in order to match them to better suited positions and increase retention. The Strong Interest Inventory®assessment can be used alone or in combination with the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator®(MBTI®).
Created by two Harvard Business School career development experts, CareerLeader is a comprehensive assessment specifically designed for business career development, and is the premier online business career self-assessment used by the world’s top business schools.
Based on over 50 collective years of scientific research and career development experience, CareerLeader has been designed to:
- Provide expert assessments of one’s unique pattern of business-relevant interests, motivators and skills.
- Match an individual to specific business-related careers when compared to its database of hundreds of thousands of business professionals.
- Help one understand what organizational cultures will be the best fit for them.
Click here to see a sample report.
The Clifton StrengthsFinder® 2.0:
Based on a 40-year study of human strengths, Gallup created a language of the 34 most common talents and developed the Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment to help people discover and describe these talents.
As author Tom Rath writes: “…people who do have the opportunity to focus on their strengths every day are six times as likely to be engaged in their jobs and more than three times as likely to report having an excellent quality of life in general.” The scientists who developed this assessment discovered that people have much more potential for growth when they invest and concentrate on their strengths, rather than focusing on their weaknesses. Findings have also shown that the awareness of one’s strengths and the self-confidence it produces has implications on achievement, leadership and overall wellbeing.
Once you have completed the online assessment contained in the book, you will receive a comprehensive Strengths Discovery and Action-Planning Guide that is based on your StrengthsFinder 2.0 results. This guide includes:
- Your top five theme report, built around the new Strengths Insight descriptions
- 50 Ideas for Action (10 for each of your top five themes) based on thousands of best-practice suggestions we reviewed
- A Strengths Discovery Activity that helps you think about how your talents, investment, experience, skills, and knowledge work together to build strengths
- A Strength-Based Action Plan for setting specific goals for building and applying your strengths in the next week, month, and year.
Work Life Indicator™: Increasing Your Effectiveness On and Off the Job
In a world of constant access and busy lives, everyone struggles with managing their energy and time. Individuals have more options than ever before in how they work, when they work, and where they work. Published by the Center for Creative Leadership, the WorkLife Indicator provides the information and tools individuals need to move towards a more productive and sustainable way of managing the boundaries between and work and family. The comprehensive report and customizable action plan is ideal for those struggling to define, or redefine, their work/life fit. Click here to view a sample report.
- Provides information that helps individuals understand the strengths and challenges associated with one’s personal profile.
- Provides tips for personal improvement that are tailored to each individual’s profile.
- Helps organizations create a common language around different approaches and can be used to increase employee engagement.
- Provides accurate and relevant results on individuals’ profile based on research.
[ Top of Page ]