I am thrilled to be one of three work/life experts invited by the Princeton Association of NYC, the Princeton Women’s Network of NYC, and MomCorps NYC (www.momcorpsnyc.com) for a panel discussion on Tuesday March 20, 2012. Please come join this conversation. While primarily Princeton alums, there will be limited space open to the general public, so all are welcome.
WHEN: Tuesday, March 20, 2012, 6:30PM
WHERE: Sidley Austin LLP, 787 Seventh Avenue (between 51st & 52nd Streets). After checking in at the visitor’s desk in the lobby, please go to the 23rd floor conference center.
How do you advance your career while also balancing the responsibility of parenthood? It’s no easy task – but it’s up to you to actively craft your career path. MomCorps NYC President Stephanie Harbour ’05 will moderate a panel of career coaches who will share expertise on career planning for high-achieving professionals who are, or are planning to become, parents. Topics will include:
- How to handle maternity and paternity leaves
- How to change or maintain your role in a company when you become a parent
- Navigating office politics, especially in a non-family friendly company
- Balancing family and work commitments
- Climbing the corporate ladder and staying competitive in your career
- Re-entering the workforce after an extended leave
Both women and men at any career stage are encouraged to attend. But RSVP soon, as space is limited!